Data Flow Chart is often used to visualize energy flow. It is also a great tool to visualize the composition and data flow, such as budget, portfolio allocation.
Data Flow Chart can present the legends in multiple levels. It makes it an ideal tool to visualize multiple levels of composition in a unique way that cannot be achieved in other charts.
To show the usage of Data Flow Chart, there are 4 types of sample data provided in this add-in:
- Simple Budget sample data. This sample provides one level of simple budget data. You can build multiple levels, periods of budget data and draw the Sankey chart.
- State Exporters to G20 countries sample. This data comes from US. Bureau of the Census (Release:Number of Exporters and Known Value for All Countries on a State-by-State Basis).
- Portfolio Allocation Style 1 Sample
- Portfolio Allocation Style 2 Sample
These 2 samples actually have the same data. By changing the order of the legends, the data can be presented in different ways.
This add-in is easy to use that it allows user to use sample data template to build his/her own chart by pasting the data into the sample data table. Grouping the data into 3 columns without special set up. The first and second columns are the legends labels the user wants to show in the chart, the 3rd column is the data. The legends have certain parent/child relationship that the user can get from the samples. A tutorial will be provided in the support page.
- Download this add-in and start Excel 2013 SP1 or later.
- Select a sample data type in the sample data drop-down in the setting window and Click Insert Sample Data button to view the chart.
- Clean the sample data and set the focus to the first cell.
- Select a different sample data in the setting window and view the chart.
- Repeat step 2, 3, 4 to view all the 4 different sample data.
- Build own data and paste into sample data table and click binding existing data button to draw the chart.