Time-line Chart Excel Add-in is a visualization tool that can be used to show the course/class schedule; Securities holding period in a portfolio, etc.
The data has 4 columns:
- The first column is the row label/categories in the chart.
- The second column is a string column. It is the timeline legends/series in the chart.
- The 3rd and 4th columns are the date time columns with the period start and end.
Two sample data in the add-in help user to understand the data structures.
- Class Schedule Timeline sample data: It shows the classrooms and course schedule.
- Portfolio Holdings Timeline sample: It shows an example of the securities holding period in a portfolio.
- Easy to use and user friendly. Sample data can be the template to build your own data.
- Change the title by clicking the title area and enter the text as needed.
- Mouse over the bubbles to view the duration detail in the tool-tips.
- Interactive Chart: the chart is binding to the data table in the sheet. The chart is updating when the data is entered.
- Download this add in and start Excel 2013 SP1 or later.
- Select a sample data type in the sample data drop-down in the setting window and Click Insert Sample Data button to view the chart.
- Clean the sample data and set the focus to the first cell.
- Select a different sample data in the setting window and view the chart.
- Repeat step 2, 3, 4 to view all the 4 different sample data.
- Build own data and paste into sample data table and click binding existing data button to draw the chart.
Version 126.96.36.199 Release Notes:
- Requested by the user to add the detail date in the tool-tip. However, this only works for the timeline cross multiple days. For the time only chart, please uncheck the "Show Detail Date in tool-tip" check-box.
- Update the setting window layout.
Version 188.8.131.52 Release Notes:
- Add resizing function (dragging the add-in window) and remove height setting.
- Standardize the UI of setting window.