Tree-map add-in visualizes 2 data series into sets of colored hierarchical rectangles. The color and size can represent different data series. Data analyst can use this add-in visualize the data in different categories. Financial professional can use this add-in to analysis the security market and build heat-map based on sector, industry performance, etc.
4 data columns:
- The first column has the data items.
- The second column has the parent level text.
- The 3rd column has the number to map to the sizes of the rectangle.
- The 4th column has number to map to the color values.
- Click the area and navigate into the detail. Left mouse click, the navigation returns to parent level.
- Mouse over the items, the value of the items are shown in the tool-tip.
- The color of the map and the top level category text can be set in the setting screen.
- Sample data can be used as the template to build the new customized map.
- Easy to use and user friendly.
- Change the tree map title by clicking the title area and enter the text as needed.
- Download this add in and start Excel 2013 SP1 or later.
- Click Insert Sample Data button to insert the sample data and view the tree map.
- Build own hierarchical data and follow the same format as in the sample data, then paste into the sample data table.
- Enter the top level text in the setting screen as needed.
- Change colors in setting screen as needed.
- Click in the title area in the tree map to enter preferred title.
- Click area to navigate into the detail. Left mouse click to return to parent level.
Version 18.104.22.168 Release Notes:
- A color picker is added for easily selecting colors. Please see Color Picker for detail.
- Change the layout of settings window.